|WARD S. CASWELL|
3 Upland Lane, West Newbury, MA 01985
Senior Real Estate Research and Technology executive specialized in leading others through complex situations to discover and leverage competitive strategies. Proven ability to engineer solutions using strong problem solving abilities and leadership skills to inspire staff for flawless execution. Engaging presenter who makes dry material approachable and understandable.
- Real Estate Research and Software Leader
- Strategy Development
- Superior Personnel Management
- Excellence in Execution
- Innovative System and Process Design
- Efficiency Gains
|THE BEVERIDGE FAMILY FOUNDATION, INC.||West Newbury, MA|
|President||November 2009 - Present|
|President of a $55m private foundation funding charitable organizations in Hamden and Hampshire Counties in Western Massachusetts. Duties include executive oversight of all legal, accounting, investment, grant making, and board activities.
|ARGUS SOFTWARE - ALTUS GROUP||Needham, MA|
|Product Manager||March 2013 - October 2015|
|Ward transitioned to Product Manager at ARGUS Software overseeing ARGUS CRM, Developer, and Developer Budget. Under Ward's leadership ARGUS consolidated their product capabilities with a focus on quality, profitability and industry acceptance. Ward worked closely with the Sales, Support, QA, Development and Management to align and prioritize the myriad tasks associated with advancing these important products that served the industry.
- Directed the strategy and execution for three of Argus' top software products to increase market share and profitability.
- Led the development of new web-based products to expand ARGUS' reach into new markets, technologies, and capabilities.
- Coordinated major strategic initiatives.
|Director of Key Accounts||July 2011 - March 2013|
|Work with major partners and partners to craft innovative solutions to complex problems.
|STATE STREET BANK||Boston, MA|
|Vice President, Performance Analytics Consultant||February 2010 - June 2011|
|Leads client facing real estate group to evaluate holdings, returns, and exposures for the bank's institutional custody clients. Specific responsibilities revolve around Real Estate presentations, sales, timely and accurate delivery of board level and ad-hoc reports, client satisfaction, and cross-selling. Clients include some of the world's largest pension and sovereign wealth funds.
- Developing a strategic and tactical roadmap for the expansion of the bank's real estate business, including product extensions and new lines of business.
- Leading State Street's involvement in development of performance reporting standard through OSCRE, a global industry consortium.
- Leading Private Edge's selection of a third party platform to extend to property and tenant level data, accounting, oversight, and reporting.
|WSC, INC.||Needham, MA|
|President||April 2009 - February 2010|
|Applied twenty years of leadership experience in engineering, software development, management consulting, IT infrastructure, econometric forecasting and commercial real estate research to deliver high level consulting products, data systems, and process engineering to the commercial real estate industry.
- Completed assignments included disciplined product reviews, new product development plans, long term broad-geography data collection and forecasts, market analysis, and research for the creation and expansion of private real estate funds.
- Designed, produced and distributed a monthly thought piece to a large audience of high level decision makers with a self written web based tracking system to determine when readers received, opened, read and forwarded the piece.
- The application of the marketing and tracking system resulted directly in captured prospects, more consulting assignments, and a permanent position.
|COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL||Boston, MA|
|Chief Research Officer - Global||January 2008 - March 2009|
Oversaw Research in decentralized partner organization with 293 offices in 61 countries, $2 billion in revenue and 11,000 professionals. Led 250 research staff creating and executing global strategic plan built with input from all constituents.
- Reduced costs 61% while adding capabilities by consolidating contracts, reducing staff, improving communications, updating systems, clarifying roles and streamlining processes.
- Developed new econometric forecasting tools and a training regimen for research field staff to produce their own forecasts rather than using outside economists.
- Sponsored global system developments and governance including CRM, statistical and property databases for improved reliability, perception and usefulness.
- Member of Global Sustainability Council and corporate social responsibility teams.
- Upgraded mapping, demographic and site selection capabilities moving to a for-fee model for improved scalability, accountability and extended product offerings.
- Established uniform processes for data collection, assimilation, aggregation, analysis, and distribution. Defined and scheduled the interaction with marketing, brokerage, management, and press, resulting in more timely and efficient communications. Results increased media prominence for Colliers and enhancing company image as thought leader.
- Provided press interviews, pod casts and presentations. Authored articles and publications extending Colliers marketing reach and appeal. http://www.caswell.org/articles.php
- Implemented governance over all initiatives tracking and reporting progress to stakeholders.
|CB RICHARD ELLIS||Boston, MA|
|Vice President, U.S. Director of Research||January 2003 - December 2007|
|Directed U.S. Research for the world's largest commercial real estate services firm. Managed over 200 staff with $26 million annual budget. Oversaw production of global, national and local publications and development of enhanced capabilities. Coordinated global research activities.
- Successfully integrated the largest commercial real estate research departments in the acquisitions of Insignia/ESG, Trammell Crow, and others with better than desired synergies, consistent processes, systems, and outputs in all markets with savings of over 50%.
- Engineered the industry dominant national database of every commercial property in the U.S. with synchronized updates from data vendors including CoStar.
- Worked directly with Google, designed features of Google Earth to create tools that dramatically enhanced the way CBRE professionals interact with their clients.
- Crafted the largest non-government implementation of Google Earth exposing 110 Terabytes of proprietary and licensed data.
- Elected to the Executive Board of the Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate (OSCRE). Led creation of commercial information exchange and real property unique identifier standards with the U.S. Department of Defense and other leaders for industry efficiencies in data sharing.
- Secured the largest national CoStar agreement to ensure scalable solutions for data flows, coverage for all staff and substantial savings.
- Negotiated 65% savings in $1.5 million demographic contract with expanded data coverage.
- Improved the timeliness of national publications from 50, to three days after quarter end, which resulted in significant gains in press and marketing traction.
- Revamped report distribution resulting in the ability to block competitors while improving the marketing information derived from tracking user activity, creating a stream of qualified leads.
- Consistently managed six departments under budget and exceeded all objectives.
- Created a Retail Site Selection Group using cutting edge tools to win national retail clients and introduce a new revenue-generating department.
- Founded a lower cost data quality department and created software and processes to audit company data using domestic off-site, on-call, low-wage workers.
|TORTO WHEATON RESEARCH A CB RICHARD ELLIS COMPANY||Boston, MA|
|Vice President, Manager of Research Systems||February 1998 - January 2003|
|Torto Wheaton Research is the premier commercial real estate forecasting firm. Managed all products, data flows, and software development.
- Re-engineered and automated processes to improve frequency of product release, time to market, quality of analysis and breadth of coverage thus raising revenues.
- Migrated disparate reports to integrated web based applications resulting in fewer errors, earlier delivery, better coverage, and easier navigation and e-commerce.
- Developed new products both in-house and in partnerships with outside firms.
|THE OMNIA GROUP INC.||Tampa, FL|
|MIS Director and Vice-President of Sales and Operations|| |
|Responsibilities included operations, sales, marketing, IT and planning for an international management consulting and behavioral profiling firm.|
|WSC, INC.||Tampa, FL|
|Founded a software company with international clients in banking, food service, manufacturing, broadcasting, and other industries. Eight employees produced custom and shrink-wrap software products, still being sold and used today.
|SYNON CORPORATION and ISC SYSTEMS CORPORATION||Framingham, MA|
|Programmer/Analyst, Associate Software Engineer|| |
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
M.I.T. Center for Real Estate - Coursework in Real Estate, Finance, and Derivatives
Tufts University - B.S. Electrical Engineering
Choate Rosemary Hall - Honors in Math and History